Monday, July 11, 2005

I'm back...well sort of

Nearly six weeks ago I completed my fourth stand-alone marathon (five if you count the marathon within the Ironman race) I set a new PR with 4 hours and 53 minutes...zero seconds. I was hoping for a 4:45, but in my heart of hearts, I really knew that I didn't train very hard for this race so I'm very satisfied with the 4:53. I'm glad to have that monkey off my back, I think I was still burnt out from the Ironman race.

I started back to swimming on June 15th and feel as though I'm nearly back to where I was with speed, maybe not endurance just yet. I honestly can't believe that I swam for an hour and forty five minutes straight! I am just fatigued as ever after 45 minutes of swimming right now!

Just this weekend I finally got back on my bike and did 30 miles along the coast. This was my FIRST time back on my bike since IMAZ!!! By the last 8 miles I was pretty ready to get off the bike and looked forward to breakfast more than anything. My legs actually ached worse than they ever did during and after the Ironman.

I'm now on my journey to lose some weight - started the South Beach Diet last week, July 5th, and officially fell off the wagon this morning when I had a bagel with cream cheese. It's just that I felt like I was majorly dragging this morning, I barely have enough energy to type, so I decided to experiment and see what a carb-ridden-bagel could actually do....whether good or bad. So, we'll see...

I have the AFC 1/2 marathon in just a month, with the hopes that I can complete it in less than two hours. I need to really kick my running into gear over this next three weeks!

So, I'm back to old habits, good habits, and hoping to improve, continue to gain more confidence in my capabilities, and ultimately find that structure in my life that I had when training for IMAZ. I've missed it, my body has missed it, and I think my well-being has missed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment