Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Here we go again - Ironman #2

Well, in about 115 hours I’ll be getting the number 1768 painted on my legs & arms, zipping up my wetsuit, and getting ready to jump in the water to start a 2.4 mile swim, followed by 112 miles on the bike, and a marathon run of 26.2 miles. How has one year possibly passed by this fast? And did I really sign up for this again?

It’s a bit different going into this race for the second time, I’m a bit less anxious, a bit more confident, but I also have higher expectations to live up to for myself. All I can hope for is continued good health over these next 4 days (as Bryce is sick with a cold right now – argh!), no kicks to the face in the swim, no 30 – 40 mph winds on the bike, no flat tires, and a smooth run through the finish line. Last year my goal was to finish with a smile; this year it will be to leave it on the course and finish two hours earlier so that I can go get a beer and burger afterwards…priorities, you know… ;-)

The following website will offer live coverage and updates: www.ironmanlive.com
You’ll click on the Ironman Arizona icon that indicates it has live coverage (it will be toward the top in the center of the page). That will bring up an extra window that will give you some text updates and have various tabs across the top. Then you can select the “Athlete Finder” tab and input my bib number (1768) or last name. The “Video and Audio” tab will allow you to see live camera footage of various parts of the race. As the day progresses, they keep a camera on the finish line, up until midnight, where you can see everyone finish. There's also course information on www.ironmanarizona.com.

I'm heading out to Arizona on Thursday around noon. Here’s to another good race and I hope to send you all an update of how things went early next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment