Friday, June 20, 2008

Tenacious-B, that's my middle name...look out Ironman Coeur d'Alene!

Hello from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho!

Has it really been a year since I was last here? They say time flies...but with this heavy monkey that's been riding my back for the past 365 days, it's dragged on a little. I plan to put him to shame and throw him to the curb on Sunday...just you wait!

The big question mark this year is the swim. Coeur d'Alene Lake is currently 55 degrees and that's substantially colder than what most triathletes are accustomed to. Last year it was the white-caps and choppy water conditions we battled, this year it will be the cold. I'm just about to go meet with a group to do a practice swim right now. A few of them went out yesterday and explained that it felt as though you were sticking your face directly into snow. Fantastic! I guess this race wouldn't mean much if it were easy.

So, this year I trained much smarter and I'm ready. The cannon goes off at 7am on Sunday, June 22nd where I'll start my 2.4 mile swim, then ride my bike 112 miles through nearly 6000 feet of total elevation gain, then run 26.2 miles.

On Sunday, you can see live updates and track my progress on www.ironman.com. My race number is #1928. There will be live video feed on the course and they will keep a camera on the finish line. You can also select the Track an Athlete link to view my pace and what I've completed so far.

I'll see you all on the other side of the finish line on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment