Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cal 70.3....here I come again!

I did it, I've rejoined the triathlon world after over 1.5 years of retirement! I was signed up for it earlier this year, but last August was plagued with biceps tendonitis and was still kicking the problem in March, so I ended up no-showing. It was a tough decision in some respects, but I must admit, a little liberating. Honestly, I think I was a little burnt out and it was good to take a little break.

Meanwhile, this year has been focused on running. After this weekend's marathon (Pikes Peak Marathon), I will have completed four marathons, two half marathons, and one 50 mile race in 8 month's time. I have made great strides (pun intended) in my speed...which I attribute to my Mon/Weds/Fri lunch runs (consistency!) and speed work that I've been doing.

In 2007 I did a 7:53, 2008 was a 7:30, and 2009 was a 7:02. I'm hoping to stick with that trend and shave another 20-30 minutes off my time in 2011. If all goes well and I'm really back in the saddle, I'll consider trying to get a roll-down slot for a full Ironman race in 2011. We'll see.

Now I just need to hit the pool and see how the shoulder is doing. I'll do that in September, once I'm rested up from this crazy marathon coming this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me...seriously. And your jewelery, gorgeous, I can't decide what I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashleigh! I'm not sure how I missed your comment...back in November...but thanks for checking out my blog. I'm hoping to be more active about it going forward ;-)

    ReplyDelete