Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Neopolitan Returns!

It all began when I started training for my first triathlon.  No, it wasn't a craving for Neopolitan ice cream (though it sounds pretty darned good to me right now!)....it was what my husband began calling me based on my crazy tan/burn lines.

Imagine it...a fair, blonde with blue eyes and a bodacious set of tan lines on my back from several months of Masters swim workouts at lunch-time in San Diego.  Then...a long bike ride on the weekend where my top didn't quite reach all the way down my lower back to meet with my low-rise tri-shorts....leaving me with a pink-strawberry stripe across my lower back, dark chocolatey sections along my upper back, criss-crossed with pale vanilla-like X's spanning my upper back.  Hello neopolitan!

After this Monday's inaugural-Brenda-Olympic'ish-triathlon with two hours on the bike, and no tan-lines to show (given we've just finished up winter), I'm not so much neopolitan as I am a freaking candy-cane! Who knew that 10am morning sun could do that to a pale girl! Sheesh!

Sure, every triathlete/runner complains of the farmer tan; but I've got'em beat with my neopolitan shades.

I digress.  Lesson learned (again!)  Bring on the sunscreen, this girl's gotta take care of this skin she's in.

No comments:

Post a Comment