Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A new year, and a BIG one at that!

It's hard to believe that my last post on this blog was back in April...9 months ago??? Really?  Well, ironically, that 9 months has been filled with so many events that it would take me days to write about.  Back then, my mind was on finishing my fifth half Ironman race and gearing up for my 15th marathon.

Little did I know that I was about one month away from some magnificent cell multiplication that would become a baby boy.  Say what?  Wait...what?

And three days after finding out I was about 5 weeks pregnant, I crossed the finish line of the Seattle Rock N Roll Marathon, one minute slower than my PR.  Two weeks after that, I ran a half marathon, and then threw in the towel shortly after, with the intention that I would get back to running after the baby arrived.  That's still the plan.

And so begins the next chapter of our lives, with baby in tow, and an attempt to continue doing all the things we love:
Marathons, ultras, and more triathlons (for me)
Creating jewelry, and growing SwirlyTwirlyGirl
Drinking wine...lots of it
Reading books
Maintaining the social life and friends that we so adore

Can it be done? Time will tell...and so will this blog.

With three weeks until my due date, I'm just trying to get things as situated as possible.  I kind of equate this upcoming experience to the time when I signed up for my first Ironman race.  It's going to be a challenge, I really don't know what I'm in for (honestly), there will be some grueling times in addition to some amazingly good times, but in the end, the payoff will be radtastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment