Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday blahs...

I actually got out of bed at 5:30am, put my swimsuit on, sweatpants, sweatshirt, and then crawled back into bed. It was cold, I wanted 10 more minutes of warmth in my cozy bed, and figured I would be on the road by 5:50 and make it to swim on time. I later awoke, looked at my watch...it was 6:05am and I 'threw in the towel.' I guess what made me feel a little justified is knowing that I am going to spin tonight for an hour and a half and run for about 45 minutes. But now I'm riddled with guilt for not going to swim, I'm in a bad mood, depressed, and to top it all off, it's Monday.

I only did an hour on my bike on Saturday, and nothing yesterday. I'm getting behind and only have 67 days remaining. I'm going to chalk last week up to being my 'active recovery' week and will step things up this week, I have to. The good thing is that truly this week was supposed to be 'active recovery', so I haven't mutilated my overall training schedule, just swapped weeks.

I'm going to have to revise my training schedule though, I'm realizing that it's too low in hours. Weeks that I'm scheduled for 13 hours should be more like 16 hours. I'm also going to have to get up to running 10 or 11 miles this week and 13 by next week.

That's it for now, might write more later. The way I'm feeling about everything in my life right now, I could spend a full day just writing about all the things that feel wrong right now. I don't think this has anything to do with just turning 30, it's just pure coincidence, but I get the feeling that 30 is going to be rough for me, I just feel it. Not the best thing to be this negative, it's not even like me to be this negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment