Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Pain is temporary, pride is forever

That was my motto in June 2003 when I completed my first marathon. One year later I completed my third marathon and figured I needed another challenge...something bigger. Low and behold, the inaugural Tempe, Arizona Ironman was announced soon thereafter, and before I knew it, I had invested $425 in the race registration and was looking at road bikes.

I've built my base training up over this past four months and am now about to partake in a 13 week training program. My goal is to finish the race with a smile on my face...and to journal this entire experience along the way.

So...the journey begins.

It's been raining consistently for the past week. I managed to convince myself again this morning (at 5:20 a.m., might I add) that it was not necessary that I get out of bed to go swim...just like yesterday. I'm now a bit puzzled by this early morning rationale - Was I afraid of getting wet from the rain, or the pool?

No comments:

Post a Comment